Retail – L1
ABOUT THE COURSE
Qualification: NCFE Award in Retail Knowledge
Level: Level 1
Duration: 10 days
Enrolment & Induction: 1 day prior to course starting (10am onwards)
• Aged 19+
• Unemployed and in receipt of benefits and able to provide evidence*
• Can provide a Passport or Birth Certificate as ID
• Can provide proof of address
1. Understanding the business of retail
This unit introduces the retail sector, covering retail outlets and occupations, the supply chain and the contribution the sector makes to the UK economy. It also covers ethical and environmental concerns
2. Understanding customer service in the retail sector
In this unit learners will gain an understanding of the importanc of customer service to the retail sector, covering positive first impressions, communication and dealing with customer complaints and problems
3. Understanding how a retail business maintains health,
safety and security on its premises
This unit covers health and safety legislation in relation to retail businesses, and how to reduce the risk of accidents or fire in the workplace. It also covers security within retail businesses.
4. Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to
the effectiveness of a retail business
In this unit learners will cover the responsibilities of employers and employees, effective team work within retail businesses and how to improve own performance and skills.
5. Understanding the retail selling process
This unit covers the selling process – how to find out what customers want, how to meet and greet customers and how to provide information about the product that increases its attractiveness.