WAREHOUSING & STORAGE – L2
This qualification is designed for learners to enter and/or progress from entry roles in the Warehousing and Storage industries. Learners will develop the underpinning knowledge necessary to support them in their role in this sector.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Qualification: NCFE CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE
Level: Level 2
Duration: 15 days
Enrolment & Induction: 1 day prior to course starting (10am onwards)
RBLI Centres across Kent
• Aged 19+
• Unemployed and in receipt of benefits and able to provide evidence*
• Can provide a Passport or Birth Certificate as ID
• Can provide proof of address
1. Introduction to warehousing and storage
The aim of this unit is for learners to gain an overview of warehousing and storage.
2. Understand how to receive and store goods
The aim of this unit is to help the learner understand how to receive and store goods. The learner will also understand the health and safety risks involved in these processes.
3. Understand how to process orders and prepare them for despatch
The aim of this unit is to help the learner understand how to process orders and package goods for dispatch. The learner will also understand the health and safety risks involved in these processes.
4. Understand how to check stock and update records
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with an understanding of what a stock check is and why and how it is carried out. Learners will also understand how records are updated following a stock check.
5. Customer service in warehousing and storage
The aim of this unit is for learners to learn about the importance of customer service in warehousing and storage and how it can have positive and negative impacts.