This is full time, permanent contract, based in Erskine, Scotland and working 37 hours per week
Salary: £30-32,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
This is an exciting opportunity to help further the success of one of Scotland’s premier manufacturing social enterprises!
To effectively grow and develop Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company’s business by generating new revenue from new and regular business prospects; identifying and selling opportunities; maintaining relationships with our clients. To provide accurate quotes for customers and to offer exceptional customer service.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company (SBMC) is a successful social enterprise with lofty ambitions for the development and increase of its beneficiaries which rely on continued business growth. This position is a key role in the team as it is focused on new business generation and customer account management.
This role will work daily to the Sales Manager and report to the Director of SBMC. It will support all new business development activities. It will focus primarily on developing commercial signage business and selling our unique engineering cutting capability but will also support existing business generation activities.
You will work well on your own initiative, with sound sales experience with a particular skill in closing new business opportunities and managing and developing these relationships into the long term. You will maintain professional and technical knowledge learning our systems; our capabilities; attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. As a first point of contact with our clients you will be professional and customer focussed at all times.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the setting of agreed sales budget for the defined business areas and ensure a sales plan is in place to achieve the target.
- Achieve sales targets for the defined business area, winning and sustaining profitable, long term business and partnerships.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; advising on regulations the customer should adhere to.
- Record all sales prospects on the CRM system, update progress as they develop and complete all required administration processes promptly and accurately.
- Accurately produce quotes and sales orders within Factory Master, our access-based management system.
- Ensure, in conjunction with appropriate colleagues, that all customer enquiries are effectively handled.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Contribute to tenders, providing accurate and timely information.
- Undertake any reasonable duty requested by the Director of SBMC provided that appropriate training and guidance has been given to ensure appropriate capability.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal with the ability to build effective relationships with people of all levels.
- Skilled and intelligent negotiator
- Passion for the sector
- Excellent attention to detail
- A confident, motivated and tenacious presenter with the ability to work independently
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and workload management skills
- Ability to operate at all levels, including ‘C’ suite
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5 years proven experience in a B2B new business sales role
- Experience of selling to Public Sector
- Experience at securing long term sustainable contractual customers
- New business closer
- A team player who values the wider aims of the organisation
- Willingness to learn new processes
- IT literate in Microsoft applications
- Full driving licence
- In-depth knowledge of the business area from a commercial perspective
- Experience of working for a manufacturing business
- Commercial signs sales experience
- Engineering (cutting) experience or aptitude to understand our capabilities
- Procurement application knowledge
Competitive holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like more information of how to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please visit https://rbli.co.uk/disability-confident/ for more information. Alternatively please call us on 01622 795917.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date