This is a full time, fixed term role for 3-6 months, based in Leatherhead, Surrey
Salary: circa £25,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist The Manager of BBMC Leatherhead in delivering fast and efficient processes and achieve targets within the print & mail factory and office.
This role will be to deputise and to assist The Manager when they are not there and supporting the Manager in the ongoing development of the business including purchasing, business systems and processes.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Your Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deputise for Manager when away
- Actively support The Manager BBMC Leatherhead in achieving performance targets
- Convert standard quotations to sales orders and works orders accurately in line with customer requirements and timeframes.
- Deal with day to day enquires via the telephone and email from all customers.
- Respond to enquiries relating to proof of delivery, invoice queries etc.
- Use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain records, spreadsheets and databases;
- To play a key role in developing new Factory Master software for the Leatherhead site,
- Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of products
- Ensure key management and financial information is produced on a timely basis to support the effective management of BBMC, including, but not limited to weekly and monthly progress reports to management.
- Carry out risk assessments
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- Any other ad – hoc duties required by the business.
Britain’s Bravest Manufacturing Company (BBMC) is RBLI’s Social Enterprise, providing employment opportunities to veterans and people with disabilities. This position reports to the Manager of BBMC Leatherhead.
- Strong Leadership Skills
- A Strong, in depth administrative background
- Fully IT literate including Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook/ Work/ Excel)
- A strong team player as duties will be varied and challenging. You must be self – motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently on own initiative with the ability to effectively organise workloads and to high standards.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written with ability to work with a wide range of people.
- High customer service focus.
- Strong work ethic
- A willingness and positive ‘can do’ attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Calm and accurate when working with conflicting priorities, Capable of working under pressure and delivering to deadlines.
- A natural problem solver with a constructive outlook
- Proactive and logical approach
- Strong face to face, voice to voice and online communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- A self-motivated individual with good team ethics
- Ability to liaise confidently effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers
- A willingness and positive attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work
- Sound prioritisation, workload and time management skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within management or supervisory role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of printing processes
- Proven Key Account Management experience
- IT literate – working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Full driving licence.
- Experience / existing knowledge of mailing services
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date