This is a full time, permanent contract, based in Aylesford, Kent with travel working 37 hours per week.
Salary: £35,000 to 40,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
The HR Officer is part of the Human Resources team and responsible for supporting the HR Team in delivering a high quality, varied and prompt HR service to the organisation.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This position is key in our HR department, with the main function being to develop key relationships across the business at all levels, provide guidance and support and deliver varied HR operational and transactional activities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, competent and appropriate advice in the handling of all employee relations issues such as grievance, discipline, sickness, absenteeism, performance management and capability, redundancy, dismissal and TUPE. Ensure that such issues are managed professionally, in line with current legislation, best practice and company standards and all relevant documentation is completed and recorded appropriately.
- Assist in advising managers and team leaders with constructive methods of documenting and managing poor performance to engender improvement.
- Support organisational restructures and all change management processes, including all TUPE operational activities.
- Support senior HR colleagues in identifying levers for change, highlight barriers to organisational effectiveness and contribute to the successful implementation of improvement measures and change.
- Support the recruitment needs of the organisation, from planning through to successful offer and on-boarding stages, on time and within budget. Working closely with the HR administration team to deliver a seamless process that is reactive, easy to navigate for the business end user and highly professional.
- Conduct exit interviews and document and record accordingly.
- Support the delivery of HR related projects, contributing to the investigating, planning, delivery and implementation stages.
- Support and collaborate with the SMT in contributing to the personal development of all staff.
- Create and implement engaging corporate communications and employee engagement initiatives to develop and drive RBLI’s culture and values
- Keep up to date with developments in Employment law and HR Policy and Practice to ensure that all personnel policies are in line with current legislation and good practice and that managers understand and are committed to these policies. Ensure that any and all anomalies are escalated appropriately.
- Be involved where appropriate in producing effective HR driven management information to support the management and ongoing productivity of the business.
- Be involved where appropriate in supporting the HR administration team, in respect to the effective coordination of employee related correspondence (Employment Contracts, Changes to Terms & Conditions, Letters, and Handbooks etc).
- Own and improve the HR related processes and functions of the HR database system.
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes Required:
- Experience in a HR generalist role
- Demonstrated exposure to a range of ER issues
- In-depth knowledge of employment law
- Proven recruitment experience
- Experience of working in a target driven and high performance business
- Ability to think creatively and have a solution driven approach
- Possess a Client focused approach to HR support
- Strong, effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building abilities with the ability to influence at all levels
- Strength of character and ability to challenge custom and practice with management in an effective way and when appropriate
- Positive team player
- Ability to extract and manipulate data and produce detailed HR management information
- Possesses personal integrity and ability to work in a confidential manner
- Committed to promoting diversity and awareness of equal opportunities
- Willing to travel to other locations as required
- This role will be office based, with some national travel where required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- At least 2 years proven operational HR experience at a similar level
- CIPD qualified or working towards qualification
- Generalist HR knowledge and experience with ability to multi-task on a number of HR issues and projects
- Experience of implementing employee engagement initiatives
- Advanced PC skills and HR system knowledge
- Strong influencer
- Degree educated
- Previous experience of working with disabled employees
- Healthcare, manufacturing or welfare to work HR experience
- · Previous experience of creating a variety of corporate communications
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like more information of how to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please visit https://rbli.co.uk/disability-confident/ for more information. Alternatively please call us on 01622 795917.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.