This is a full time, permanent role based in Aylesford working 37 hours per week and based in Aylesford, Kent.
Salary: £20-23,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Fundraising Assistant – Individual Giving, will be the first point of contact for the Individual Giving team. The main responsibilities for this role will be to support the Individual Giving manager with fundraising initiatives, including stewardship, maintaining the database and delivering high levels of customer care.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This is a great time to join RBLI. The team has recently undergone a big transformation and Individual Giving and the Tommy Club are strategic priorities for the charity.
Working to support the Individual Giving team, the Fundraising Assistant – Individual Giving, will effectively steward donors to ensure they have the best customer journey possible in all areas of Individual Giving, including members and regular donors. The role will be imperative to the team, ensuring smooth processing of donation and logging of communications.
You will have previous experience of being in a customer-facing role and will be looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your skills in helping to grow an engaged community of donors and customers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the day-to-day administration of the Individual Giving
- Effectively stewarding donors to ensure they have the best customer journey possible in all areas of Individual Giving, including members and regular donors.
- Being responsible for the Tommy Club inbox, responding to emails and queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Being the first point of contact for our Wall of Honour programme, assisting with the administration and stewardship
- Supporting the Individual Giving Manager with our membership scheme as it grows, stewarding members and encouraging their journey up the giving pipeline
- Update mailing lists and recording bulk communications (e.g. e-newsletters) on the database
- Manage the membership database and administration procedures to keep membership and individual records up to date.
- Corresponding with fundraisers by email, letter or over the Providing them with advice and support where necessary
- Assisting with maintaining the charity database, ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Maintaining up-to-date filing systems
- Assisting with developing communications to send to fundraisers and supporters
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post
- Support other areas of fundraising as required to ensure donations are processed correctly and supporters are thanked.
- Stewardship phone calls to supporters fundraising.
- Office based, at Aylesford
- Occasional travel to events and corporate supporter offices
- Occasional evening and weekend work at events
- Demonstrate outstanding planning and organising skills and managing time effectively to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- A team player who will work well with others across the Fundraising and Marketing teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- A proactive approach, showcasing initiative and enthusiasm for the work of RBLI and the Tommy Club.
- Ability to work collaboratively and enthusiastically with team members, supporters and champions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential whilst administration experience is desired. CRM Database experience and/or membership scheme administration experience are desirable, however training will be provided. Collaborative in attitude, flexible in approach, and the ability to work with colleagues across the organisation as required.
- Experience using customer/donor databases
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Good organisational skills
- High level numeracy skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly on own initiative or as part of a team, supporting fellow team members
- Experience working in a charity or not for profit environment
- Experience in a customer service role
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and Mailchimp
- Experience of administrative procedures and customer service
- Experience in assisting at events
- Experience of donor stewardship
- Confident using social media to engage with supporters/customers
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date