This is a full time, permanent contract, based in Aylesford, Kent working 37 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
We’re looking for a talented Membership Development Senior Officer with expertise in growing membership schemes and leading on growth and recruitment activity for RBLI’s Tommy Club. We want someone who can plan, create and maintain relationships with a range of supporters, to generate new joiners into the Tommy Club. We are looking for a creative person who is passionate about supporter engagement and fundraising; a confident communicator and excellent writer.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This is a great time to join RBLI. The team has recently undergone a big transformation and the Tommy Club is a strategic priority for the charity.
Working towards specific income and recruitment targets, the Senior Officer – Membership Development, will be responsible for leading on growth and recruitment activity for the Tommy Club. Creating and managing acquisition campaigns including direct mail appeals, face-to-face recruitment and regular giving, you will work with the Individual Giving Manager to help set strategic objectives, monitor income and expenditure and use database analysis to inform the Tommy Club programme. Understanding and intelligence of what motivates donors to give will enable you to react, create and influence in response.
You will have previous experience of fundraising, ideally in a campaign-led environment and will be looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your skills in growing an engaged membership community.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Support the Individual Giving Manager to help set strategic objectives, monitor income and expenditure and use database analysis to inform the Tommy Club membership programme.
- Lead on growth and recruitment activity for RBLI’s Tommy Club
- Plan, create and manage direct marketing and wider fundraising campaigns, both online and offline to secure new members.
- Acquire, develop and maintain relationships with a range of supporters, to understand them and generate new joiners into the membership programme.
- Deliver targets of new joiners into the Tommy Club.
- Help to develop and deliver a varied membership programme to generate income from new and existing individual supporters.
- Support the Individual Giving Manager with our membership scheme as it grows, stewarding members and encouraging their journey up the giving pipeline
- Manage the membership database and administration procedures to keep membership records up to date, including with annual renewals.
- Use digital tools to manage email and online communications.
- Communicate with donors both online and offline, maintaining a high level of service at all times.
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally, with a range of people and supporters.
- Assist with the management of fundraising events, including specific Tommy Club stewardship and cultivation events.
- Plan attendance at regimental events and other relevant opportunities to promote the Tommy Club.
- Support members with their own marketing activities and help spreading the word.
- Undertake any other duties of a compatible nature as may be required.
- Demonstrate outstanding planning and organising skills and managing time effectively to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- A team player who will work well with others across the Fundraising and Marketing teams, to cross sell the Tommy Club.
- Proactive about representing the Tommy Club externally, at events and internally with staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- A proactive approach, showcasing initiative, flair, and enthusiasm for the work of RBLI and the Tommy Club.
- Ability to work collaboratively and enthusiastically with stakeholders, team members, our partners, supporters and champions.
- Ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines.
- Proactive with generating new ideas and concepts to promote the Tommy Club.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a hands-on approach, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Collaborative in attitude, flexible in approach, and the ability to work with colleagues across the organisation as required.
- Office based, at Aylesford
- Occasional travel to events and corporate supporter offices
- Occasional evening and weekend work at events
Skills & Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of growing membership schemes
- Proven success in meeting income and recruitment targets
- Proven experience working in fundraising/the charitable sector
- Demonstrable experience of creating engaging and inspiring content, both online and offline, in support of fundraising and/or membership marketing campaigns
- Strong experience in donor stewardship
- Proven success in donor or customer acquisition and retention
- Proven experience of developing and implementing successful supporter journeys to ensure smooth transition between recruitment and long-term support
- Proven experience of campaign management and delivery
- Knowledge of digital platforms and how to maximise them for the benefits of fundraising
- Experience of using a CRM system
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy programme to ensure the smooth running of a full calendar
- Understanding of how to maximise digital and social media in marketing new activities, stewardship and acknowledging supporters
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience working in a charity or not for profit environment
- Experience managing external contacts in a target-driven sales or fundraising environment
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and Mailchimp
- Experience of administrative procedures and customer service
- Experience in events management
- Experience of implementing giving programmes to encourage low-level, mid-level gifts or regular giving donations
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date