This a is full time permanent role, based in Leatherhead and working 35 hours per week
Salary: £17,290 per annum
Main Purpose of the Role:
To provide comprehensive support within the factory ranging from data input/processing, operating engraving machinery, print finishing machinery and general handwork as well as back up when needed for other areas of the business.
Working as part of a team following job bag instructions and factory procedures to ensure fast and accurate production of goods to maintain the highest levels of quality control and customer service.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This position is key to our Leatherhead Print, Mail operation, with the main function being factory based a good degree of flexibility is required to assist in all areas of the business when required. The Leatherhead team is 28 strong, consisting of 17 supported employees and 11 unsupported. The team is overseen by the manager who holds overall responsibility for the Leatherhead site. The team is extremely diverse in terms of adapting to the companies ever changing demands and challenges. Based in a well-equipped modern working environment with easy access the roll should be an effective backup for production and all areas of the business.
Training in all areas would be offered to the right person with a willingness to learn new skills.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Good communication skills both within the team and with external customers
- General assistance and courtesy with all visitors
Communications & Reporting
- To effectively handle the flow of information for various production processes following job sheet instructions
- To effectively update stock records for internal stock control systems when required
- To maximise the effectiveness of all systems and shared information
- Work with colleagues to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Deliver effective information and communicate information to the relevant departments within the business
- Follow health & Safety regulations
- Satisfactorily complete any training programmes or courses provided relating to this position.
- Operating engraving machinery
- Assist with digital printing and print finishing
- General Handwork
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Smart and presentable
- This role will be mainly factory based
- You will be asked to help with all areas of production.
- Duties may include engraving, print, packing, assembly and mailing activities and any reasonable requests that are made to assist with the needs of the business
Skills & Experience Required:
- Computer literate familiar with excel, word, illustrator.
- Willingness to learn new things
- Good numeration and grammatical skills
- Clean Driving Licence
- Knowledge of printing
- Knowledge of engraving
- Fork Lift Truck Licence
20 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date