This is a part time, permanent contract, the role will be home based with extensive travel and working 31 hours per week.
Salary: circa of £24,800 per annum, plus a car allowance
Main Purpose of the Job:
Through acting as a source of experienced knowledge in the area of the vocational rehabilitation management and the bio-psychosocial model of health management, deliver vocational assessment primarily for the MOD contract. Additional delivery across a range of programmes that incorporates a bio-psychosocial approach may also be considered when appropriate. All assessment will comprise of a range of delivery methods using both face-to-face and remote intervention using telephone, e-mail or other media.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- To identify health, social and occupational barriers affecting the soldier’s ability to return to work and use this process to develop, in agreement with the soldier, functional goals and an action plan in order to progress towards a return to existing job, or a new career/vocational goal.
- Competently select and use a range of assessments to measure the abilities, aptitudes, personality, interests and specific difficulties to reach a considered and agreed vocational goal with the soldier.
- Develop and write reports outlining those assessments completed, interpretation of results in context and outline of agreed next steps.
- Provide a joint vocational action plan highlighting goals, aspirations and actions that need completing to progress towards existing or new work and employment.
- Provide an exploration of health and social difficulties of those individuals presenting with health conditions, including but not limited to musculoskeletal, cardio-respiratory, mental health and cognitive/learning deficit conditions.
- To adhere to agreed professional service specifications, protocols and workload agreements and participate in regular reviews of these.
- To work within relevant and related professional guidelines, specifically those associated with psychological assessment and to have a good working knowledge of relevant standards to monitor own and others quality of practice as appropriate.
- To be responsible for maintaining own competency to practice through CPD activities and to maintain a portfolio which reflects personnel development.
- To maintain and develop a current knowledge of evidence based practice in the areas of expertise, developing specialist knowledge for particular conditions and patient types.
- To be an active participant in any appropriate in-service training and development programmes.
- To undertake relevant administrative duties to the role and clients, including any reporting required by internal or external funders/ auditors.
- To participate in performance appraisal reviews as an appraisee.
- Flexibility to travel independently across a wide geographical area.
- Ability to build relationships and interact with new contacts.
- Effective and efficient report writing skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Reliable, well organised and with an ability to work to a specified time frame.
- Structured and organised.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Verbal and written communication including listening.
- Structured and organised.
- Problem solving and decisive.
- Team player.
- Client focus.
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience of delivering a range of assessments across a wide range of clients in a vocational rehabilitation context.
- Experience of completing in-depth interviews exploring all elements of health, disability and vocational goals.
- Qualified to use Ability and Aptitude assessments.
- British Psychological Society Level A testing certificate.
- Qualified and experienced in using Bio psychosocial Model of health management.
- Registered HPC and professional bodies proving fitness to practice.
- Degree in Occupational Psychology;
- or Degree in a specified health profession
- or Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation;
- or NVQ level 4 IAG;
- Other equivalent.
- Dyslexia awareness and recognition.
- Mental health awareness.
- Disability awareness.
25 days holiday pro rata + pro rata bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to [email protected].
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to [email protected]
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email [email protected] or call 01622 795917
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date