Every gift you make to Royal British Legion Industries could be worth more at no extra cost to you just by choosing to Gift Aid it. His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs will add an extra 25p to every £1 you give to RBLI.
How does Gift Aid work?
Gift Aid is the tax relief the government allows charities to claim back tax on donations.
Gift Aid is given by the government on donations at a rate of 25p in the pound, so for every £1 you donate the government will give the charity a further 25p if you are a UK tax payer. This means that a £20 donation will be worth £25.
Royal British Legion Industries is registered with HMRC for claiming Gift Aid.
Simply confirm that you are UK taxpayers and you want to add Gift Aid to your donation by completing a declaration.
Am I eligible for Gift Aid?
If you are a UK tax payer, yes. Even if you are not employed, you are still eligible if you are paying tax on any of the following:
- Personal or occupational pension
- Stocks and shares
- Bank and building society savings accounts
- Rental income
- Overseas and UK investment dividends.
What donations are not eligible for Gift Aid?
- from a non-UK taxpayer.
- made on behalf of someone else or a group of people.
- made on behalf of a company.
- to a family member or friend participating in an event where the charity is contributing to their costs
- made in return for goods, rights or services.
Please don’t forget to notify RBLI if you:
- want to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains